The National Registry of Naturopathic Practitioners (NRNP) is a non-governmental voluntary organization of naturopathic practitioners of various specialties and levels of advancement that subscribe to the NRNP principles of naturopathic practice.
NRNP is committed to the advancement of naturopathy. NRNP registered naturopathic practitioners that meet Board criteria and pass examinations.
Objectives of the Board:
1. Voluntary participation of practitioners. The board supports the principle of the freedom of practice and in no way intends to interfere with the practice of practitioners not registered by the Board and/or not interested in being registered by the Board.
2. The Board is a self-governing, self-regulating organization.
3. The Board supports essential and uniform naturopathic practice standards specific to the level of Diplomate status. The registration is not an endorsement of a registered practitioner to the public. It is merely a statement of meeting the Board requirements specific to the particular level of practice.
4. The purpose of the registration with the Board is an independent validation of practitioner’s skills and the resulting emphasis on public protection and public confidence.
5. The Board’s intent is to be a unifying and focal point for naturopathic diplomates providing, among others, guidelines of practice and continued education. The Board may consider reciprocity for practitioners registered/certified/licensed in other jurisdictions domestic and foreign.
6. The Board’s intention is to provide representation of naturopaths to various governmental bodies, legislative, executive or judiciary to advance the standing of naturopathy/naturopathic medicine in jurisdictions as may be necessary.